GALIANO ACTIVITY CENTRE
JOB POSTING – DAYCARE MANAGER
The Galiano Activity Centre operates the Galiano Community Daycare, Galiano’s only licensed non-profit childcare. The curriculum emphasizes nature and play-based learning.
This is an exciting opportunity to provide both leadership and support for an in-demand program that supports Galiano’s preschool-aged children and their families. The Operations Manager reports to the Board of Directors, and coordinates the necessary resources to ensure the provision of safe and nurturing care to young children in a group setting, in accordance with the goals and curriculum plans of the daycare, and in strict compliance with the BC Childcare Licensing Regulations.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensures and facilitates the smooth functioning of all aspects of the daycare in order to best serve children, families and staff. Ensures licensing requirements are met at all times.
• Facilitates the recruitment and coordinates the selection, hiring and orientation of all new staff to the daycare. Provides supervision, leadership and support to all staff.
• Markets the daycare to prospective parents. Oversees and manages all elements of daycare enrolment, including liaising with Child Care Subsidy office. Ensures the smooth integration of new children into the daycare.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships and regular communication with parents and third parties including Ministry of Children and Family Development, Island Health, school board, school staff and GACS board.
• Demonstrated management/supervisory experience; superior interpersonal skills; team player; commitment to a supportive work environment for staff.
• Demonstrated experience navigating and complying with policies and procedures; careful attention to detail.
• Commitment to high quality programming for children.
• High degree of initiative and dedication.
• Negative criminal records check.
• Has completed some post-secondary education.
• Knowledge of the BC Childcare Licensing Regulation documents.
• Experience managing a non-profit or successful small business.
• Experience with program development, planning, assessment and evaluation.
• Experience in Early Childhood Education; ECE, ECEA or RA certification.
• Valid Standard First Aid and Level “C” CPR.
• Grant-writing experience.
Position Start Date: July 16, 2018 (with some flexibility).
Hours: 5 hours weekly. Must be available for office hours 2 hours weekly on Tuesdays, Thursdays, or Fridays.
Please apply by submitting your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2018. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful applicants will be subject to a criminal record check