- Current Closing Date
- Open Until Filled
- Locum – Maternity Leave
- Galiano Health Care Centre
- Family Practice
- Shift/Hours of Work
- Clinic hours: Monday to Friday 9-5 pm with 1 hr. lunch (days and hours are flexible and can be negotiated). 1 in 4 call shared with other Gulf Island physicians on Mayne and Pender, covered by MOCAP.
- Contract with Host Physician
- May be eligible for additional remuneration in accordance with the Rural Subsidiary Agreement (RSA) including: Fee premium – 10.99%, MOCAP covered on-call
- Community Information
- Galiano Island, located midway between Victoria and Vancouver, is accessible by ferry from either the Tsawwassen ferry terminal on the BC mainland or the Swartz Bay ferry terminal, adjacent to Victoria on Vancouver Island. Surrounded by abundant natural beauty, and blessed with a warm climate, Galiano is the ideal location for outdoor enthusiasts. Galiano also boasts a thriving artistic community, and many of the 1,300 Galiano Islanders are writers and craftspeople who love the relaxed and laid back lifestyle.
Galiano Island enjoys seven beautiful parks, and miles of old logging trails and country lanes. Montague Harbour Marine Provincial Park is a favourite destination for boaters and kayakers. Whether you enjoy beachcombing, bird watching, hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding, boating or fishing – Galiano is the ideal location to find the balance you’ve been looking for.
Your career can be a demanding one…so why not considering a location where the benefits are naturally distracting?
Opportunity to provide locum coverage on the beautiful Southern Gulf Island of Galiano. Flexibility to establish workdays to suit your practice model.
Enjoy an independent and challenging practice in a modern office (Wolf EMR) with an emergency treatment room. No obstetrics or hospital work and support from outstanding staff and Nurse Practitioner. Records are very well kept and maintained. Hospital privileges not required and overhead is approximately $6,100 a month (approx. 25%).
Education, Training and Experience
– Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia
– Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) – mandatory
– Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) – desired
– Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) – desired
– Anesthesia experience – desired
– Emergency experience – mandatory
Dr. Erin Carlson
908 Burrill Road, Galiano Island, BC V0N 1P0
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest and only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to confirm the receipt of individual applications or resumes.
Current Closing Date
Open Until Filled
January 03, 2018
Anticipated End of Temporary/Term Position
End of July 2018
Last Change to Posting